Work & Play in the real outback!
The Diamantina Shire, located in the channel country of central west Queensland is home to the famous Birdsville Races, the iconic Birdsville Hotel and vast outback landscapes. Working with us allows you to explore our wilderness areas and truly experience our renowned events only as locals can. It's an opportunity that you can't go past.
With over 60,000 visitors annually, the Diamantina Shire in Outback Queensland is 95,000 square kilometres in area and the second largest shire in Queensland. Predominantly a beef producing area the shire contains some of the best contaminant free natural beef fattening country in Australia. There are three towns within the shire, Birdsville, Betoota and Bedourie the administrative centre.
Within the next 20 years The Diamantina Shire has a vision to see a friendly, safe Shire of 2000 community residents, while providing our outback community with all weather access by bitumen road, state of the art health, education, communication and transport services with the necessary infrastructure to promote sustainable private commercial enterprise and 100% private housing ownership while preserving our unique culture.
Diamantina Shire Council is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply using the form above and ensure you include:
- A Completed Application Form.
- A current resume (ensuring contact details are current, and you have nominated at least two referees).
- A cover letter outlining your reasons for applying and your knowledge of the position.
- A document addressing each of the selection criteria.
- Copies of any licences or tickets required in the Position Description must be included with your resume.
- NOTE: Your application WILL NOT be considered unless you supply all the required documents as detailed above.
========================== CAREER OPPORTUNITIES========================
Applications are invited from suitably experienced candidates for the position of Works Coordinator. We are seeking a highly experienced and qualified person to manage our road construction and maintenance works.
Substantial experience in the construction and maintenance of rural roads and DTMR roads is essential.
The position is based in Bedourie which is a small but vital town with fantastic modern facilities including 24/7 health services, school, sporting facilities and twice weekly flights to/from Brisbane and Mount Isa. A comfortable home will be available for rent in Bedourie at subsidised rental.
This is a fulltime permanent position with a competitive remuneration package of up to $120,000 cash (depending on your experience, allowances and overtime) and the use of a Council vehicle. Council provides 6 weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading and 9.5% superannuation.
The hours of work will be the same as the works crews, currently operating on a 10/4 roster during which a reasonable amount of overtime is worked whilst they reside in their modern mobile camp accommodation.
For more information telephone Trevor Stewart, Infrastructure Manager on (07) 4746 1600. Email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe you have the skills and capabilities to fulfil this position, please submit your application above, including:
• A completed application form.
• A current resume (ensuring contact details are current, and you have nominated at least two referees)
• A cover letter outlining your reasons for applying and your knowledge of the position.
• A document addressing each of the selection criteria.
Copies of any licences or tickets required in the Position Description must be included with your resume.
Applications close 28 May 2019