Public Notice - Phase 2 Easing of Restrictions
Council wishes to inform its residents that the Queensland Government has announced some further easing of restrictions taking effect from 12 noon on 1 June 2020. This allows Council to open the following facilities:
- Bedourie Gym, maximum of 10 people at any one time.
- Birdsville Gym, maximum of 6 people at any one time.
This also allows us to increase the number of patrons allowed at any one time to 20 for the following facilities:
- Birdsville State School Swimming Pool
- Parks and Playgrounds in both towns
- Bedourie Aquatic Centre
- Bedourie Community Centre
- Birdsville Town Hall
- Birdsville Wirrarri Centre
The Bedourie Outback Visitor Centre will be temporarily closed due from today and will reopen on Monday 8 June. A maximum of 10 people will be allowed at any one time due to limited floor space.
We are currently reviewing the arrangements for opening the Bedourie and Birdsville Tourist Parks. The Birdsville Lodge will remain closed to the public for now.
Please follow all directions given by Council Officers and on available signage at Council facilities.
Some other general lifting of restrictions include:
- Dining in, but no bars or gaming, will be allowed in restaurants and pubs. This will be limited to a maximum of 20 people. Alcohol may be provided only when patrons are seated.
- You can travel anywhere in Queensland for any reason, except Biosecurity Areas or Restricted Areas. There is no limit on distance. You can stay overnight anywhere in Queensland for as many nights are you like.
- Residents may allow up to twenty people, including the members of their household, to gather at their residence.
We welcome this further easing of restrictions but remind everyone that we must still be careful and continue to practice good hygiene and social distancing.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
1 June 2020