Proposed Planning Scheme
NEW PLANNING SCHEME
Proposed Diamantina Shire Planning Scheme – Open for public comment
Diamantina Shire Council is pleased to advise that the proposed new Diamantina Shire Planning Scheme is now on public display. The community and stakeholders are encouraged to review the document and invited to provide feedback.
The purpose of the proposed planning scheme is to shape and manage development in the Diamantina Shire over the next 10-20 years.
The proposed planning scheme can be viewed HERE or in person at the office of Diamantina Shire Council at 17 Herbert Street, Bedourie. Interested parties may also purchase a copy of the document from either council office.
Any person can make a written submission about any aspect of the proposed Diamantina Shire Planning Scheme during the public consultation period.
The public consultation period is from 1 October 2020 up to and including 4 December 2020
Making a submission
Submissions must be made in writing or by email.
To be considered properly made, a submission must:
- be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Diamantina Shire Council
- be received by Diamantina Shire Council during the consultation period on or before 4 December 2020.
- state the name and residential or business address of each submitter
- state the grounds of the submission, and the facts and circumstances relied on to support the grounds
- state one postal or electronic address for service relating to the submission for all submitters
- be signed by each person making the submission, however signatures are not required for email (electronic) submissions.
Submissions can be lodged:
- by emailing a submission to email@example.com
- by posting a submission to 17 Herbert Street, Bedourie QLD 4829
- by delivering in person at the office of Diamantina Shire Council at 17 Herbert Street, Bedourie.
If you have queries about making a submission, contact Leon Love on (07) 47461600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following factsheets may assist you in understanding key aspects of the proposed planning scheme:
- Overview of categories of development and assessment
- Zones and precincts
- Establishing home-based businesses
- Planning for natural hazards – flooding
- Making a submission about the proposed planning scheme
The proposed Diamantina Shire Planning Scheme
Click HERE to download a complete copy of the proposed planning scheme
The proposed planning scheme is made up of the following parts:
- Parts 1-2 (introductory & explanatory) of the proposed planning scheme
- Part 3 (strategic framework) of the proposed planning scheme
- Part 4 (tables of assessment) of the proposed planning scheme
- Part 5 (zones and zone codes) of the proposed planning scheme
- Part 6 (development codes) of the proposed planning scheme
- Schedule 1 (definitions) of the proposed planning scheme
- Schedule 2 (mapping) of the proposed planning scheme
- Schedule 3 (heritage places) of the proposed planning scheme
- Schedule 4 (local government infrastructure information)
- Appendices of the proposed planning scheme
Click HERE to view the new interactive online mapping to support the proposed planning scheme. [insert hyperlink]
Alternatively, static PDF zone, precinct and flood mapping are contained in Schedule 2 (mapping) of the proposed planning scheme.
Where the proposed planning scheme calls up certain mapping for a certain purpose, the hyperlink to access the mapping is provided in the proposed planning scheme document.